Friday, September 16, 2011

Can anybody suggest some interesting projects on magnetic circuits or transformers?

I am a UG electrical engineering student. I studied about magnetic circuits and transformers recently in one of my departmental courses.





I want to find out if I can implement this knowledge practically. So can anybody suggest some interesting projects on magnetic circuits or transformers which can give me an opportunity to implement the concepts I studied?|||Make an EM crossbow :)


MUHAHAHAHA|||Take a look at the old research on DC-DC transformers; as I recall they were not very efficient at the time.|||you could look up "The Motionless Electromagnetic Generator" or MEG by T.E. Bearden. it basically is a transformer with a magnetic Core. the Patent No. is: US 6,362,718 b1. I built one, but was unable to generate any actual power, but it was fun project.

No comments:

Post a Comment