Sunday, August 28, 2011

How are they getting away with marketing Transformers 2 to little kids?

The new Transformers movie is rated PG13 last time I checked, and yet Nickelodeon has been marketing it during shows like Dora the Explorer and Spongebob. My son got a Transformers toy in his Burger King Kids meal as well.





How are they able to market this movie to such a broad range of children when arguably the kids who are viewing the ads really can't see the movie anyway?





Does this bother anyone else?|||Just because it's PG13 means nothing. It's just a guide line for parents. I saw nothing wrong with the movies. My 9 year old loved it. The kids can see the movies. I believe a parent has to be with them. At that age a parent should be with them anyways.


If you have a problem with the movie don't let your kid see it. It's your choice.|||notice how only girls answered this question! :D

Report Abuse


|||I saw both transformers


and there is nothing wrong with the movie.





Not all children who watch Nickelodeon are 4.


Usually they don't show those commericals in the morning when they show the young children shows


but they do show those commericals in the afternoon when all the school children are home and obviously they want to advertise to those school children|||i know!!! The media is trying to grow kids up fast so that the industry has a wider range of buyers for their products. The thing is, transformers was originally an animated kids show, and then an animated movie, until the real life re-make where Shia La Boef and Megan Fox sex things up just a little too much, and use language that they probably shouldnt. Its all part of the Mega plan to get kids to whine to their parents to buy them everything. I know where you are coming from.|||Doesn't bother me but I didn't grow up in a family that regulated what movies we watched. I watched R movies all the time when I was a kid.





Are you sure about Dora? They don't even show commercials during Dora. Maybe after but Dora and Diego are uninterrupted like PBS shows. A lot of older people watch Spongebob ... I know I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment